Abdulrahman bin Ali Alhinai
I C 4 U
* Masters of Arts in photography from Brooks Institute of Photography(Santa Barbara, California USA) in 2000.
* Bachelor Degree in Advertising from the American College for Applied Arts (Atlanta, Georgia USA) in 1988.
* Worked as a photographer and Head of Photo Dept. at Sultan Qaboos University from 1990 to 2011. Responsible for the daily work of photography that deals with all the photographic needs within the campus and outside of SQU.
* Member of Jury Panels for many local and international Photo Contests.
* Member of Photography Club- The Omani Society for Fine Arts.
* Member of the International Federation of Photographic Art FIAP.
* Member of various local and international Jury Panels throughout the years.
Prizes and Awards:
* Sultan Qaboos Prize for Cultural Creativity in Photography
* FIAP Silver medal of the Monochrome Biennial in the annual conference of the twenty eighth of the International Federation of Photographic Art in China in 2006
* The 2008 AL Thani Gold medal and 1st prize of the Middle East in the General section
* Author of the book Ceremonies and Celebrations of Oman published by Garnett Publishing in England.
* Author of the book of two volumes Oman Land and People that documents the Sultanate photographically.
* Work published in many local and International Newspapers, magazines and books.